Welcome to the Razuna API (version 2)
Upgrading from API1 to API2
If you are coming from version 1 of the API, then there are a couple of changes, which are:
- The API works now with an API KEY (each user has an API key).
- The API is now based on REST calls only (no more SOAP).
- As data structure we return now JSON (default), JSONP or XML (WDDX).
- You can directly influence what data structure you want to return.
- Most methods return complete record sets.
- The API base URL is serverip/global/api2 !
- Please read the description of each method carefully, since we've made a lot of changes to the parameters.
In order to access the API you need to pass the API key with each method. The API key of each user can be found within the Razuna User dialog which will contain an 'API Key' tab displaying the API key.
- DAM Administrators can get to the user dialogs under the 'Users' tab in 'Administration' by clicking on a username.
- Users can get to their user dialog by clicking on the menu next to their name on the top right corner when they are logged in and then selecting 'My Info'.
Note: The current API implementation needs to work with a user in the 'Administrator' group, thus only accounts within the 'Administrator' group will have a API key displayed. If you do not see an 'API Key' tab in the user dialog then you are not part of the 'Administrator' group.
API Method Request Format: API methods are encapsulated by web pages within the API web site. To call a method, make a POST or GET request to the web page corresponding to the method you want to execute.
When an API method is called, a response is returned to the caller in JSON (default), JSONP or XML (WDDX) format (WDDX (Web Distributed Data eXchange) is a established standard. More information is available over at WDDX at Wikipedia). By default, the API will return JSON. If you want to receive JSONP or XML you have to append "&__BDRETURNFORMAT=wddx" or "&__BDRETURNFORMAT=jsonp" to your call. NOTE: In order for JSONP to work you will need to append additionally "callback=?"!
Example JSON output (if a record set is being returned):
By default the API will return a ROW based JSON. If you want to use a COLUMNS you simply need to append the parameter "&__BDQUERYFORMAT=column" and the API will output:
The output for the above will be:
Available API Calls
The following API sections are available:
- Upload API2
- Search API2
- Asset API2
- Folder API2
- Collection API2
- Label API2
- Custom Fields API2
- User API2
- Group API2
- Hosts API2
- Comment API2
Requests to extend the Razuna API are welcomed. Please submit your request over at our public Request system at http://issues.razuna.com.